Learn key skills and strategies used by dispute resolution experts and earn a Certificate of Completion through self-paced demonstrations, workbook, reading materials and lessons.
What you’ll learn:
- Underlying causes of conflict
- Negotiation techniques used by conflict resolution professionals
- Strategies for engaging with disrespectful people
- Evaluation, in a private setting, of your conflict preparedness
- How to navigate uncomfortable conversations
This course also serves as the foundational prerequisite for our IMA New Mediator Course, the introductory-level course for new mediators. If you are in our mediation training program, you'll notice that this course is bundled with the more intensive, in-person portion of your training.
Our courses are designed to maximize your time and your learning. We combine videos, reading material, instruments, homework and quizzes to help you advance your own learning.
Participants receive Certificate upon successful completion of each course.
Who this course is for:
- Supervisors who want effective conflict management strategies for team success.
- Employees who want to upgrade their resume with negotiation skills.
- Potential mediators who are on the fence about committing to a 40-hour course.
- Trained mediators who want a refresher course.
- Conflict-avoiders who want to discretely evaluate their conflict engagement skills.
- Anyone who wants winning strategies for engaging productively in conflicts.
Who is this course not for:
- Mediators-to-be who need a 40-hour introductory mediation course now. This will satisfy have the requirement and serves as the primer, but only the IMA New Mediator Course satisfies the full 40 hour industry standard.
- People who want to win at all costs.
- Individuals afraid to know what is holding them back from engaging in conflict.
- Anyone who wishes to remain forever stuck in that one persistent conflict.
What happens when you buy?
- You get a confirmation email message with information about how to log in.
- You’ll have access to course materials and videos.
- Receive a Certificate of Completion once you have passed all quizzes.
This course may meet continuing professional education requirements for attorneys, educators, accountants and other professions. Check with the appropriate local jurisdiction or governing agency.